Made with Moxie: Coffeetalk: Life and Death

March 22, 2013

Coffeetalk: Life and Death

Ok, so sorry I had to reschedule coffee break into the afternoon. I had a follow up appointment about my boobs. (They're doing just fine. Thanks for asking.) Then I had to go pick up our CSA basket and get ready for a birthday surprise dinner for my husband. Yeah, yesterday was his birthday!



This week I got to visit a 'wet lab' through my Anatomy class. It's where you go when you donate your body to science. It was amazing, humbling and so emotional all at once. I held someone's heart in my hands. I felt the final breath still caught in another person's lungs. I witnessed the affects of cancer on your organs, and what happens to your brain and skull when you drink, drive and go through a windshield. It blew my mind. I love science. The body is so damn amazing and modern medicine is freaking awesome. I cried all the way home.



Then last night, my younger brother and his lovely became parents! Their son, Link, is so freaking cute. I can't wait to meet him over Easter weekend. It just brings me back to when my kiddos were born and that amazing, love at first sight feeling. If there were ever a way to record a memory to play back when ever you wanted, I would pick those two days my babies and I met.



I'm getting a bit heavy on you there. Woah. Hey, I cleaned off my kitchen table. That's right; check it out. See? Every square inch.



Check out foxy here. He has been about in our woods since we got here, but today he decided to get quite close.



Well, I've got birthday surprises to work on and fabric patterns to get hopping on. Have a great weekend, y'all!