Made with Moxie: Craft of Shame

December 28, 2012

Craft of Shame

I swore I wasn't going to make any gifts this holiday season. That is not true. I swore I wasn't going to make and gifts for holiday presents this year. I did make a few things this month that are gifts; they were just due months, if not years ago. (Hangs head in shame.)

I bought this fabric to make my husband a Hawaiian shirt in 2010.

This Hawaiian shirt is a gift for my friend, Mike, who took care of my mother in law when she had her heart valve replaced this June. (sigh) Yes, it took me longer to make the shirt than it did for her to recover from open heart surgery.

I am extra proud of the pockets on these shirts. And proud that as my husband was trying them on he told me "this is real professional looking stuff."

Also, I lied and did make two Christmas presents. I swore I wasn't going to do it but these his and hers Mustachioed Mug Sweaters had to be made since, despite all her craftiness, Rachael does not know how to crochet. Don't worry, despite finishing them before Christmas, I have not yet mailed them.

A special thank you to my husband for modeling for me. And for being a good (read: tolerant) crafty husband. And for taking all those packages on the kitchen table to the post office! (wink, wink)