Made with Moxie: I'm a bonehead: Noodlehead clutches

June 11, 2012

I'm a bonehead: Noodlehead clutches

I've finally finished a batch of six Noodlehead clutches. Two I sent to their owners without taking pictures. (facepalm)

This is for Chrissy. She wanted something badass. She's from Baltimore.

It is in the mail on it's way to you, girlie. I hope you love it.

I made two of these bags; one for my sister-in-law for her birthday and one for me. SIL's has an awesome free hand embroidery rose done in red to dark variegated thread. It was the best one so I gave it to her. This Tequila Sammy one is for me.

The lining is this awesome orange and teal print from Joann's. I also added a strap with a lobster clasp to attach keys too. I hate digging for my keys.

I love the skeleton Guadalupe on the back. She will be a large part of one of my tattoo sleeves one day. Once we're done paying off our legal debt.

And now, the most boneheaded of them all. I am so pissed at myself. I bought this beautiful Heather Ross linen from Ayumi of Pink Penguin when she did some destashing. I'm working hard at being a fabric user, not a horder. So I cut it up and made two smaller sized Noodlehead clutches from it. I had the most perfect lavender dotted fabric for the lining. I stitched these awesome scissors onto the flaps. I was in L. O. V. E.

Then I put the rest of the bag together. And tried not to cry. Sigh. It never even occured to me to leave enough room for overhang. Grrrr...

Let's just go back to where they look lovely.

At least one of the bags is for me. The other is a gift and I'm hoping it's recipient will still think it's pretty swell.

On a positive note, DS Charm swap packages are still coming in! My postal carrier is still super happy about it, huffing and puffing it up to the porch. I can't wait to see what everyone makes with their charms!

I'm off to clean up my disaster house a bit since my parents are coming to stay for a few days starting this evening.