Made with Moxie: I'm a finalist!

March 6, 2012

I'm a finalist!



I am so psyched that my quilt is a finalist in the Ellison Lane Modern Mini Quilt competition! Crazy talk, I know!

You can check out the other finalists and vote on your favorite ones HERE. I'm not saying you have to vote for me, but if you don't think mine is the best I am okay with sympathy votes.

In other news, I decided to make a new cover for my ironing board. I couldn't tell you how old my ironing board is, but let me tell you the inside of the cover and the foam padding were foul looking. Ewe. I traced the shape of the old cover directly onto the fabric then surged the edge all the way around. Instead of sewing a casing for cording to cinch the cover, I used a yarn needle to run embroidery floss through the threads of the surging. It all worked very well except that two longest sides weren't staying as tightly cinched as I would have liked. So I fired up the ole glue gun and glued that baby in place. I sort of upholstered my ironing board. Is it the proper ironing board cover replacement technique? Probably not. But I am quite please with myself. I'm the MacGuyver of adhesives.

Apologies for the poor photo. I took this photo at night. With my phone.

If you haven't already, please go vote for your favorite Modern Mini Quilt. And remember, you can vote for which ever quilt you like the best, so long as that quilt is mine. :p

Good night ya'll!